Andy Romanow joined Hall Estill as a shareholder in 2016 and has been representing banks, financial institutions, opportunity funds and other lenders for most of his professional life.
Whether as Deputy General Counsel and later VP and Managing Counsel for CoBank, ACB, a Denver based Agricultural Bank, or as an attorney in private practice, Andy has advised lenders and investors on issues of commercial loan structuring and documentation, syndications and participations, debt refinancing and restructuring, work-alongs and workouts, bankruptcy, foreclosure, collateral recovery and commercial collection and Uniform Commercial Code compliance.
As a proud alumnus of one of the largest organizations within the Farm Credit System, Andy works with System entities on regulatory and compliance issues, equity investments, association mergers, cooperative taxation matters, wholesale lending transactions, governance and policy review and various System agreements and issues.
Andy also advises lenders and other commercial clients on general corporate matters, including litigation and event response, standards of conduct and other internal investigations, regulatory and compliance matters, risk management, treasury services (cash management), and loan processing and related operations enhancements.
His clients include banks, Farm Credit Associations, opportunity funds, REMICS, special servicers and other commercial entities. He has appeared in bankruptcy courts across the country and has represented creditors in state foreclosure and replevin actions. He also defends lender liability claims and other commercial litigation.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 1996)
- State University of New York at Geneseo (B.A., 1993)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- 2016-Present Hall Estill
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Member, Turnaround Management Association, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Member, Castle Rock (CO) Economic Development Council
- Mentor, "Law School...Yes We Can" program
- Chairman of the Club, Pradera Men's Golf Committee