After graduating from the University of Texas School of Law in 2013, Dawson Brotemarkle worked as a law clerk for the Honorable Claire V. Eagan in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma. He began working for Hall Estill in its Energy practice in 2014. During law school, Dawson was an associate editor of the Texas Law Review and the executive director of the Legal Research Board. Additionally, he was a member of the Chancellors and the Order of the Coif.
In addition, Dawson has been recognized a Rising Star in Energy & Natural Resources Law by Super Lawyers, as well as One to Watch by Best Lawyers in Oil & Gas Law.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with high honors, 2013)
- University of Tulsa (B.S. in Petroleum Engineering, cum laude, 2009) Minor in Chemical Engineering
- Oklahoma - 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- 2014-Present Hall Estill
- 2013-2014 Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma, the Honorable Claire V. Eagan
- 2011 Judicial Intern, Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals, the Honorable Jerry Goodman
- Society of Petroleum Engineers, Member
- Chair, Oklahoma Bar Association Energy & Natural Resources Law Section (2020-2021)
- Moderator, The Eugene Kuntz Conference on Natural Resources Law & Policy, University of Oklahoma College of Law (October 2020)
- Speaker, COPAS OKC Education Day, "Complying with the PRSA," (November 2020)