Nicole Longwell serves as Special Counsel where she focuses her practice in the areas of pipeline construction, maintenance, operation and regulatory compliance, general construction and project management, corporate services and procurement contracting, and complex commercial litigation. After graduating from law school, she worked in private practice for 12 years and then served as in-house counsel for 8 years with Magellan Midstream Partners, LP and T.D. Williamson, Inc. before joining Hall Estill in 2020.
Her work as in-house counsel for a pipeline owner and a global pipeline services and manufacturer has provided her with a proven unique and valuable perspective. Nicole's experience includes an extensive knowledge of global procurement and services contracting, as well as pipeline and pipeline facilities construction, operation and maintenance services.
During her tenure with Magellan, Nicole served as primary legal counsel for the operation, construction, maintenance and regulatory compliance of over 12,000 miles of liquids pipelines, multiple butane spheres, over 50 million barrels of aggregate crude and refined product storage, and several new facilities builds and upgrades, including construction of crude oil and condensate splitter, 54 terminals and managed disputes arising therefrom. At T.D. Williamson, Nicole restructured the company's procurement process creating enforceable agreements for every transaction and negotiated over hundreds of service and procurement contracts in the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa, and Egypt with refineries, pipeline companies and utilities.
While in private practice, Nicole assisted clients with complex civil litigation, including environmental, construction, employment and transportation litigation matters and general corporate matters.
During her private practice career, Nicole successfully:
- Obtained Plaintiff's verdict for owner of hydraulics plant against contractor for breach of contract.
- Obtained Plaintiff's verdict for homeowner against roofing contractor for breach of contract.
- Defeated class certification in case alleging historical pollution by mothballed pipeline in federal court.
- Defeated class certification at the appellate level in case alleging pollution of watershed in Oklahoma appellate courts.
- Obtained direct verdict in favor of defendant in series of multi-plaintiff personal injury toxic tort claims.
Nicole has an AV peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and is a 2012 graduate of the Oklahoma Bar Association Leadership Academy.
University of Tulsa College of Law
(J.D., Highest Honors, 2000)
- Order of Curule Chair
- Order of Barristers
- Tulsa Law Review
- Northeastern State University (B.S. in Criminal Justice, 1996)
- Oklahoma- 2000
- Arkansas - 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- 2020-Present Hall Estill
- 2018-2020 T.D. Williamson, Inc. Corporate Legal Counsel
- 2012-2017 Magellan Midstream Partners, LP Senior Attorney
- 2007-2012 McDaniel, Longwell & Acord
- 2002-2007 Joyce, Paul & McDaniel
- 2000-2002 Gardere Wynne Sewell
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member, Arkansas Bar Association
- Junior Achievement of Oklahoma, JA in Day Instructor (2019)
- Attorney Coach for Oklahoma Mock Trial Team for Owasso High School (2017-present); Coached second place team in Oklahoma 2020