Sarah Miller joined Hall Estill's Energy & Natural Resources practice group in 2017, after being in-house at The Williams Companies, Inc. (NYSE: WMB) for 17 years. Sarah's current practice is focused on commercial contracting (particularly gas gathering and processing contracts, advising both midstream service companies and producers); construction and procurement contracting; acquisitions and divestitures; and corporate governance. Sarah represents clients within the energy industry as well as others. Sarah currently serves as General Counsel for GPA Midstream Association, based in Tulsa.
In her time at Williams, Sarah served as a member of its legal department's business development team, then its midstream team and then its corporate secretary team, which she managed as an Associate General Counsel and Williams' Corporate Secretary. Ultimately, Sarah served as Williams' Senior Vice President and General Counsel from 2015 to 2017 and advised Williams' board of directors, including two activist shareholders, through subsequently terminated merger plans - first with its controlled master limited partnership Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ), and then with Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. She also provided legal counsel upon Williams' re-initiation of its standalone strategy and the re-composition of its board, upon the June 2016 departure of six of its thirteen directors, including a withdrawn proxy contest.
Prior to joining Williams, she was in private practice as a litigation associate. Sarah began her career as an English teacher at Tulsa Central High School in Tulsa.
Sarah is active in the Tulsa community, currently serving on the Board of Directors for the Midtown Chapter of National Charity League and as a member of the Tulsa World Community Advisory Board. In addition, she serves on the firm's Board of Directors and is Chair of the firm's Recruitment & Diversity Committee.
- Oklahoma State University (B.A. in English, with honors, 1993)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1997)
- 2017-Present Hall Estill
- 2000-2017 The Williams Companies, Inc. Senior Vice President & General Counsel (2015-2017)
- 1997-2000 Crowe & Dunlevy
- Member, Tulsa World Community Advisory Board (2022-2023)
- National Charity League, Tulsa Midtown Chapter; Patroness 2019-Present; Grade Level Advisor 2019-2021; Vice President of Ticktockers 2021-2022; President Elect 2022-2023; President 2023-2024
- Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board Member 2019-2021
- Tulsa Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member, Board of Advisors
- Diocesan Development Board for Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School, Board Member; Vice Chair 2019-2021
- Lindsey House, Board Member 2014-2019, Chair 2017-2019
- Marquette School Advisory Council, Member, 2012-2015; Chair, 2014-2015
- Neighbor for Neighbor, Board Member, 2006-2012
- Leadership Tulsa, Member, Class 36
Member, 2018 DirectWomen Board Institute Class
Tulsa Attorney Sarah Miller for the Tulsa World: Find ways to reconnect with gratitude
- Hall Estill Announces Stephen W. Ray as New Managing Partner
- Hall Estill's Sarah Miller discusses her Selection to National Women's Institute in Tulsa Business and Legal News
- DirectWomen Selects Hall Estill Attorney Sarah Miller to 2018 Board Institute Class
- Former Williams attorney joins Hall Estill
- Hall Estill Welcomes Nationally Renowned Energy Law Attorney, Sarah Miller