For twenty years Susanna Gattoni has represented hundreds of clients in claims relating to government investigations, constitutional violations, employment discrimination, malpractice, employee fraud, RICO violations, money laundering, the False Claims Act, environmental crimes, tax evasion, drug trafficking, FDA violations, various other federal and/or state criminal charges and other tort claims. She has represented clients at all stages of litigation including numerous trials to verdict, forfeiture proceedings and appeal. Susanna’s diverse background as an Assistant United States Attorney in the criminal division, advisor to companies on all aspects of government regulations, work on site at a Fortune 500 company in assisting with its EEOC compliance, appointment as Habeas counsel and as lead trial counsel in both civil and criminal matters, provides her with a wide range and depth of knowledge that is an invaluable asset to her clients with their diverse legal needs.
Due to Susanna’s commitment in providing zealous advocacy on behalf of clients challenging the Constitutionality of a State Law she was the recipient of The Courageous Lawyer Award from Oklahoma County Bar Association. She was also the 2012 recipient of the Leadership in Law award presented by the Journal Record. As the result of her advocacy on behalf of pro-bono clients on death row, she has been featured on MSNBC, Bloomberg News, and CNN’s Death Row Stories.
Susanna attended law school at the University of Oklahoma College of Law where she was the recipient of many awards which include: Order of the Coif, Order of the Barristers, Recipient of the Trial Handbook Award for outstanding oral advocacy, American Jurisprudence Awards for Civil Procedure, Contracts, Advanced Legal Research and Writing, International Business Transactions, Family Law and Trial Practice.
Susanna currently maintains offices in both Nashville, Tennessee and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1997)
- University of Oklahoma (B.S. in Sociology/Criminology, 1994)
- Oklahoma, 1997
- Tennessee, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma and the Middle District of Tennessee
- Class Action Defense
- Employee & Management Training
- Employment Counseling
- Employment Litigation
- Insurance Law & Tort Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Policy Drafting & Implementation
- Professional Malpractice & Liability
- White Collar Compliance, Defense & Investigations
- Wrongful Discharge, Failure to Hire or Promote and Wage & Hour Claims
- Criminal Defense
- 2008 - Present Hall Estill
- 2006 - 2008 U.S. Attorney's Office - Western District of Oklahoma
- 2001 - 2006 Hall Estill
- 1998-2001 Durbin, Larimore & Bialich
- 1997- 1998 Atkinson, Haskins
- Served as lead trial counsel against a claim of age discrimination for a publicly traded company which resulted in a verdict for the company.
- Successfully represented over 10 cases in jury trials.
- Represented clients against federal and/or state criminal charges for RICO violations, FDA violations, tax evasion, drug trafficking, Medicaid fraud, money laundering and other forms of fraud.
- Represented clients in connection to claims asserted under the False Claim Act.
- Serves as Habeas counsel.
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Chairperson, Pro Bono Program, Federal Western District of Oklahoma
- Member, Board of Directors, Federal Western District of Oklahoma
- NewView Oklahoma, Board of Directors 2013
- Allied Arts Catalyst, Member
- Leadership Oklahoma City
- The Courageous Lawyer Award from Oklahoma County Bar Association.