A. Grant Schwabe is a shareholder of the firm and brings over a decade of legal experience representing fortune 500 companies involved in all types of litigation to his clients. Grant is well known for his expertise in the commercial litigation arena, having guided numerous clients through difficult and complex civil litigation across a wide range of industries in both state and federal courts across Oklahoma and beyond. His cases have included issues of banking and financial services litigation, real estate transactions, construction disputes, oil and gas litigation, labor and employment actions and various other complexities. Throughout his career, he has also represented secured lenders and other creditors in commercial and residential foreclosures, loan enforcement, lender liability and bankruptcy and insolvency matters. In addition to his trial experience, Grant has represented clients in over sixty appeals, ranging from the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals and Oklahoma Supreme Court, to the United States Tenth Circuit and the United States Tenth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel.
Grant is “AV” rated with Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating awarded to attorneys for professional competence and ethics and has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Business Litigation by Super Lawyer Magazine on multiple occasions.
Grant’s representation experience includes:
- Successfully defended multiple federal lawsuits against a corporation and its president, seeking millions of dollars and involving allegations of violations of the Federal Communications Act of 1934 and conversion of intangible property. In each case, Grant obtained a complete dismissal with prejudice of all claims asserted against his clients.
- Successfully defended investors in a real estate trust and large national bank in state and federal litigation, involving various lender liability claims, including breach of contract, fraud, negligent misrepresentation and fraudulent conveyances, resulting in dismissal with prejudice of all claims against his clients.
- Successfully defended a large petroleum products company in a lawsuit in state and federal court alleging violations of the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act and breach of contract. Grant obtained summary judgment dismissing all claims against his client, with prejudice.
- Obtained a verdict at trial for individual investors on fraud claims against a corporation and its president for misappropriation of investor funds, which was affirmed after appeal to the Oklahoma Supreme Court.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended clients in hundreds of creditor’s rights lawsuits involving residential and commercial foreclosures, defense of lender liability claims and litigation and resolution of related bankruptcy and insolvency issues.
- Successfully represented a real estate trust in litigation regarding commercial leases and obtained a judgment in the trust’s favor of $955,000.00.
- Represented a large national bank in the defense of claims of fraud, violations of RESPA, TILA and HOEPA. At trial, Grant obtained a verdict in his client’s favor and obtained an award of attorney’s fees, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully represented several large financial institutions as well as individuals involved in litigation with local and state tax authorities regarding allegations of hundreds of unpaid real estate taxes spanning multiple counties.
- Successfully defended bank and mortgage holder in a heavily litigated quiet title action. At trial, Grant obtained a verdict in his client’s favor, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Successfully defended large oil company against claims of wrongful termination and breach of contract. Grant obtained a full dismissal of all claims against his client with prejudice.
- Successfully represented land owners in a heavily litigated property ownership dispute. At trial, Grant obtained a verdict in his clients’ favor and obtained an award of attorney’s fees, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented a large food services provider in a federal lawsuit filed by his client for claims of breach of contract, fraud, conversion, tortious interference with contract and interference with prospective economic advantage, against a corporation and its officers. Grant obtained judgment in his client’s favor on all claims.
- Defense of oil and gas producer in fraud claim arising out of sale of property and obtained complete summary judgment for his client.
- Successfully represented real estate owners in multiple construction fraud cases and related litigation.
Grant is a frequent speaker at both the local and national level on a variety of issues regularly faced by large financial institutions, investors, banks, mortgage companies and loan servicers, including lender liability defense, banking litigation and regulatory enforcement. Grant has also served as an Adjunct Settlement Judge for the District Court of Tulsa County’s Early Settlement Program on cases involving real estate and banking issues.
In his free time, Grant is active with his family and church and serves as career mentor with the FBC Tulsa Downtown Caring Center, volunteers with the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma and serves upon the Eliot School Foundation.
University of Tulsa College of Law
- CALI Award recipient for Highest Honors in Oil and Gas Law
- Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Certificate Program
- University of Oklahoma (B.A. in History, 2000)
- Oklahoma Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- 2019-Present Hall Estill
- 2018-2019 Riggs Abney Neal Turpen Orbison & Lewis
- 2005-2018 Kivell, Rayment and Francis
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Financial and Commercial Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Energy and Natural Resources Law Section
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member, Civil Procedure and Evidence Code Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member, Rules of Professional Conduct Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member, Bench and Bar Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member, Professionalism Committee
- Grant has presented numerous banking litigation related seminars, speeches and programs for large financial institutions across the country, counseling in-house counsel, managers, employees and staff.
- Volunteer, Career Mentoring Program, FBC Tulsa Downtown Caring Center
- Volunteer, Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Board Member, Eliot School Foundation