As a litigator in private practice, Kristen Evans has represented, counseled and advised clients ranging from local, family-owned companies to national, Fortune 500/100 companies, in a wide array of industries, including energy and energy services, manufacturing, construction, logistics and heavy haul, financial services, and healthcare. Her practice includes business and commercial litigation, labor and employment, and tort defense. Although Kristen has handled a wide range of general commercial litigation matters, her primary focus covers three areas:
Commercial Litigation - advice, litigation, and dispute resolution of matters including: partnership disputes; contractor/subcontractor disputes; breach of contract; and other business torts. Her recent representative experience includes defending a Tulsa-based manufacturing company against claims brought by a limited partner; representing a subcontractor in a breach of contract claim against the contractor for damages in excess of $1 million; representation of architect and engineer against claims of negligent construction; and defense of insurer against bad faith claim by home owner.
Employment - advice, litigation, and dispute resolution of matters including: claims of discrimination, harassment and wrongful termination. Kristen has also performed independent investigations of claims on behalf of employers prior to the initiation of litigation. Her experience includes the defense of both companies and government entities.
Personal Injury Defense - advice, litigation, and dispute resolution of matters including: long term care and assisted living negligence; physician and hospital negligence; premises liability; and catastrophic on-the-job injuries. Her representative experience includes the successful resolution of slip and fall claims against a bowling alley, movie theater, and apartment complex; defending a national trucking company against claims of wrongful death; defending nursing homes, physicians, and hospitals in claims of injury and wrongful death; and defending a large oil and gas company against a claim for catastrophic burn injuries sustained in an explosion at a natural gas processing plant.
Since 2015, Kristen has been named an Oklahoma Rising Star by Super Lawyers as well as a Best Lawyer in Commercial Litigation. In 2016, Kristen was named to the Tulsa Business & Legal News "Tulsa 40" list, which recognizes the best and brightest of Tulsa's up-and-coming business and community leaders. Further, she has been named to Benchmark Litigation's "Under 40 Hot List" for 2018, 2019 & 2020.
Kristen also devotes time to improving education opportunities for youth in Tulsa, serving as a member of the Board of Directors for Street School and volunteering as a math tutor at the KIPP preparatory school. Kristen, and her husband, Tulsa attorney, Tyler Evans, have two children.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2010)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A. in Supply Chain Management with Finance Minor, 2007)
- Oklahoma - 2010
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- 2013-Present Hall Estill
- 2010-2013 Best & Sharp
- Member, Tulsa County Bar Association
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Women's Energy Network and Tulsa WEN Mentoring Circle
- Member, Leadership Tulsa 59
- Family & Children's Services, White Party Committee Member, 2015
- Street School, Former Member, Board of Directors
- Tutor, KIPP Preparatory School, 2015-present
- University of Tulsa, Chi Omega Advisory Board
- Webster v. City of Bixby, 509 Fed.Appx.787 (10th Cir. 2013).
- Weaver v. Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center et al., 2016 OK CIV APP 30
- 2020, 2019, 2018 Benchmark 40 & Under Hot List