Moira Watson joined Hall Estill in 2016 and practices primarily in the Banking and Commercial Finance area. She is a member of the firm's Board of Directors and Recruitment & Diversity Committee.
Moira regularly represents and advises financial institutions (including agricultural lenders) in a variety of financing transactions. Her representations include working capital credit facilities, asset-based financings, and acquisition financings. Moira also has experience as lead counsel in large syndicated loan transactions.
She is a member of the Legislative Review Committee charged with reviewing and advising on amendments to the Oklahoma Uniform Commercial Code, including current proposals relating to digital collateral and cryptocurrency.
Moira is currently a Professor in Practice at the University of Oklahoma College of Law teaching courses such as Secured Transactions and Corporate Finance.
- Rice University (B.A., 2002)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2005)
- University of Oxford (PhD/DPhil in Law, 2015)
- Texas - 2005
- Oklahoma - 2016
- 2016 - Present Hall Estill
- 2010 - 2015 A boutique energy firm (Oxford, UK)
- 2005 - 2010 Norton Rose Fulbright LLP (formerly Fulbright & Jaworski, Houston, Texas)
- Oxford Society of the Great Plains, Co-Founder and President
- Oklahoma Humanities Board of Trustees
- Downtown Oklahoma City Rotary Club 29, Member
- Former Member, Susan G. Komen Central and Western Oklahoma Board of Directors
- Rice Association of Volunteer Alumni, Member
- American Society for Legal History, Member
- Law & Society Association, Member
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association), Member
- Financial Institution And Commercial Law Section (FICL) - OK Bar Association, Vice Chair
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Program Officer for Financial Institutions & Commercial Law Section
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Professor in Practice 2015 –Present Teaching two commercial law courses: Secured Transactions and Corporate Finance
Recent presentations and speeches include the following:
- Article 9 Refresher, Oklahoma City Real Property Lawyers Association
- Regular Presenter, Hall Estill Lunch & Learn Series
- Financing Arrangements in the Energy Sector, invited guest lecture given to Professor Monika Erhman’s course, Oil and Gas Contracts, University of Oklahoma College of Law
- Building a Transactional Practice, invited guest lecture given to ONE- S, University of Oklahoma College of Law