Dick Manner is a 35-year attorney who focuses his practice in the agricultural law, banking and corporate arenas. Prior to going into private practice, Dick served for 30 years as in-house counsel in the Farm Credit System, most recently at CoBank and its subsidiary Farm Credit Leasing. He went into private practice in 2014 and before joining Hall Estill, owned a solo practice outside of Denver.
Within his career, Dick has served on the American Bar Association task force formed to recommend amendments to the Uniform Commercial Code on agriculture and agribusiness for the 2001 Article 9 revisions. Further, he served as a member of the Colorado Secretary of State's workgroup on farm product security filings, as well as on the Farm Credit System's workgroup on financing of young and beginning farmers.
- Western New England University School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1983) Executive Editor, Western New England Law Review
- Heidelberg College (1973)
- Colorado, 2015
- Minnesota, 1995
- Florida, 1994
- Maryland, 1991
- 2018-Present Hall Estill
- 2016-2018 Richard L. Manner, LLC
- 2014-2016 Dorsey & Whitney, LLP
- 1999-2014 CoBank/Farm Credit Leasing
- 1995-1999 St. Paul Bank for Cooperatives
- 1984-1995 Farm Credit Bank of Baltimore
- Florida Bar Association
- Historical Introduction to the Farm Credit System: Structure and Authorities 1971 to Present, 19.3 Drake Journal of Agricultural Law 279 (2014).