Steve Ray serves as Hall Estill's President/Managing Partner. He practices primarily in the Corporate/Commercial arena, specifically dealing in Securities, Business Transactions, Commercial Finance, Healthcare, Executive Compensation and Mergers and Acquisitions. He served for 10 years as Corporate Secretary for an NYSE-listed company, and has expertise in governance and compliance issues.
Steve is an individually recognized AV-rated attorney; has been recognized as an Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Business/Corporate Law; and is listed in Best Lawyers in America in Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law and Securities Regulation.
In addition, Steve was named the Best Lawyers 2022 Tulsa Corporate Compliance Law Lawyer of the Year; the Best Lawyers 2021 Tulsa Corporate Governance Law Lawyer of the Year; the Best Lawyers 2020 Tulsa Securities Regulation Lawyer of the Year; the Best Lawyers 2018 Tulsa Corporate Governance Law Lawyer of the Year; the Best Lawyers 2015 Tulsa Corporate Compliance Law Lawyer of the Year; the Best Lawyers 2014 Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year; and the Best Lawyers 2011 Tulsa Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year."In 2017 Chambers USA honored Steve with a ranking in Corporate/Commercial Law.
In addition, in 2019, he received the Silver Beaver Award from Indian Nations Council, Boy Scouts of America. The Silver Beaver Award is the council level distinguished service award of Boy Scouts of America and is considered the highest award a Boy Scout Council can bestow upon a volunteer Scouter.
Finally, Steve served as lead company counsel on an IPO for a new NYSE-listed company and served as lead company counsel in large securitized financings of receivables and revenue earning assets.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 1982)
- University of Oklahoma (B.B.A. in Accounting, 1979)
- Oklahoma, 1982
- Oklahoma Supreme Court and all Judicial Districts of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States Tax Court
- Auto Dealer Law
- Banking/Commercial Finance Services
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditor's Rights
- Corporate Services
- Estate Planning & Post Death Administration
- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Municipal & Public Authority
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- State & Local Tax Practice
- Tax, Estate Planning & Employee Benefits
- 1992 - Present Hall Estill
- 1984 - 1992 Jones, Givens
- 1982 - 1984 Sneed, Lang
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Society for Corporate Governance
- Church Volunteer
- President, Board of Directors, Indian Nations Council, BSA
- Member, Board of Directors, Committee of 100
- Former Member, University of Oklahoma President's Associates Council
- Tulsa Area United Way, 2014 Campaign Cabinet Committee
- 2018 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Governance Law - Tulsa
- 2017 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Compliance Law - Tulsa
- 2015 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Compliance Law - Tulsa
- 2014 Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Law - Tulsa