Tom focuses his practice on Franchise law, Commercial Transactions, Business Succession Planning, and Estate and Asset Protection Planning. Within that capacity he serves as franchise counsel for several local franchise operations, including Billy Sims Barbeque, Tacocue Restaurants, Ron’s Hamburgers & Chili Inc., 2 Fellas Franchises, LLC, High School Sports - the Magazine LLC and ShapeXpress, Inc.
Tom has extensive experience organizing franchises for registration and compliance purposes with the Federal Trade Commission, and offers counsel to both franchisors and franchisees. He has an AV peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been recognized as one of Oklahoma's Top-Rated Lawyers®, as well as one of Tulsa's Top-Rated Lawyers by TulsaPeople Magazine.
- University of Tulsa College of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Oklahoma State University (B.S. in Finance, 1977)
- 2018-Present Hall Estill
- 2007-2018 Newton, O'Connor, Turner & Ketchum
- 1996-2007 Thomas M. Klenda, P.C.
- 1996-2003 Wave3 Communications, Inc., General Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member, Tulsa County Bar Association
- Member, Tulsa Title and Probate Lawyers Association
- Member, Tulsa Estate Planning Forum
- Past President, Rotary Club of Tulsa
- Past Trustee, Rotary Club of Tulsa Foundation, Inc.
- Past Chairman, Henry P. Iba Citizen Athlete Awards
- Leadership Tulsa Class 12