T.J. Mantooth has an intellectual property practice focusing on patent prosecution, including the drafting, enforcement, and defense of patent rights. Through his career, he has worked with inventors from a variety of technical and business realms regarding patents, trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, and trade secrets.
T.J. has drafted hundreds of patents in a wide range of engineering disciplines that include, semiconductor design, mobile electronics, robotics, petroleum exploration, oil refining, and pharmaceutical-grade manufacturing. Specifically, he has consulted with engineers to procure patents regarding circuit design, alternative power systems, solid state data storage, hybrid data memories with volatile and non-volatile components, remote control systems, pumping systems, and computer software.
T.J. has experience in consulting with sophisticated corporations as well as start-up companies concerning the development and valuation of intellectual property portfolios. He has worked extensively with evaluating and improving existing patent applications and issued patents. Further, he has been named a Rising Star in Intellectual Property Law by Oklahoma Super Lawyers and is ranked as an Up and Coming Intellectual Property lawyer by Chambers USA.
- University of Oklahoma (B.M.S.E., 2005)
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Oklahoma, 2008,
- Registered to practice before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Registered Professional Engineer in Training
- LOYAL, Class VII
- Infant Crisis Services
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Habitat for Humanity
- Norman Optimist Club
- Oklahoma Patent Attorney TJ Mantooth for IP Watchdog - Inventing Chaos with the Moderna/NIH Dispute
- Intellectual Property Attorney T.J Mantooth in LA Times - The ‘Pulp Fiction’ NFT fight isn’t really about NFTs
- Patent Attorney T.J. Mantooth in Bloomberg - Moderna Fight With NIH Heating Up Over Covid-19 Vaccine Credit
- Patent Attorney TJ Mantooth in IP Watchdog - Industry Reacts to the Supreme Court’s Arthrex Ruling
- Oklahoma IP Attorney T.J. Mantooth in Bloomberg Law - Supreme Court Affirms Validity of Booking.com Trademark
- IP Attorney T.J. Mantooth in IP Watchdog regarding Booking.com case ruling
- Patent Attorney TJ Mantooth discusses applications for patents in the golf industry