Hall Estill’s long history of serving the energy industry is not confined to traditional resources. Our Alternative / Renewable Energy practice offers clients the knowledge and experience necessary to effectively harness, advance and monetize new sources of energy to power the nation.
We have represented innovators, investors, production facilities and governments in projects that span a wide range of energy sources, including:
Advise wind developer clients on numerous wind power projects located in Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas regarding:
- Financing of wind energy projects including, without limitation, preparation and delivery of borrower closing legal opinions
- Wind lease and easement agreements, transmission easements and other real estate transactions
- Endangered species and cultural resources issues
- Engineering, construction and procurement contracts
- Federal and state tax credits and incentives
- Power interconnection procedures and agreements and power purchase agreements
- State regulatory issues
- Environmental issues
- Permitting and zoning issues
In addition, we represent landowners in the negotiation of wind lease and easement agreements.
Further, we assist clients with matters in the areas of:
- Solar Power
- Cogeneration and Natural Gas
- Renewable Diesel and Biodiesel
- Electrical and Liquid Fuel Infrastructure
Our Alternative / Renewable Energy attorneys add value to each client’s bottom line by proactively guiding them through every stage of their company’s lifecycle and operations. We represent clients involved in cutting-edge projects around the country, including plants, facilities and infrastructure build-outs in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Virginia and Nebraska.
Hall Estill lawyers bring a depth of experience in the energy sector that is underscored by our ability to efficiently and effectively handle engagements that span the routine to the complex. Our many capabilities include:
- Transmission and Distribution
- Intellectual Property
- Environmental Issues
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs)
Recognized for excellence by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and other leading legal publications, our attorneys offer energy clients a full-service approach to virtually all their legal needs with the hands-on guidance and attention to detail that they’ve come to expect from Hall Estill.