Hall Estill's premier Energy & Natural Resources practice traces its roots to the firm's founding in 1966 with just three lawyers focused on oil and gas law. Today, with more than 30 skilled attorneys working in the practice, we are widely recognized not only as the leading firm in Oklahoma for energy law, but one of the best in the nation.
Over the course of six decades, the breadth of our practice has - like the industry itself - expanded significantly to encompass the full range of traditional and alternative energy sources and related services, including:
- Oil & Gas
- Alternative/Renewable Energy
- Energy & Natural Resources Transactions
- Pipeline Construction & Operation
- Pipeline Regulatory
- Water Law & Land Rights
Hall Estill’s Energy and Natural Resources team provides a full range of legal services to companies, utilities, entrepreneurs, landowners, investors, innovators and others in the industry. Our counsel advises on upstream and downstream issues faced by natural gas, crude oil and petroleum product companies, including acquisition, exploration, production, refining, storage, transmission and distribution matters. We also have deep experience in the electric, renewables and alternative energy fields. In the area of natural resources law, we help clients navigate the maze of state and federal environmental regulations pertaining to their operations, including air, water, soil and endangered species laws.
Our capabilities encompass:
- Intellectual Property
- Corporate Transactions
- Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Regulatory and Administrative Board Proceedings
- Title Opinions
- Compliance Counsel
Year after year, Hall Estill and our Energy and Natural Resources attorneys are recognized by such leading legal publications as Chambers USA, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers and Benchmark Litigation. We consistently rank among the country’s most noteworthy firms for energy law as well as related legal disciplines. Our team members regularly work with colleagues from our Tax, Real Estate, Corporate, Indian Law and Environmental Services teams to provide seasoned counsel on complex transactions and disputes that cross practice disciplines.
- Hall Estill Welcomes Energy Attorneys Eric Money and Emily Pittman to the Oklahoma City office
- Hall Estill Welcomes Blake Gerow and Jonathan Rogers as Associates in Tulsa and OKC
- COVID-19 Implications for EPA’s Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Program
- Hall Estill's Sarah Miller discusses her Selection to National Women's Institute in Tulsa Business and Legal News
- Former Williams attorney joins Hall Estill
- Hall Estill Welcomes Nationally Renowned Energy Law Attorney, Sarah Miller