Patents & Patent Litigation
Hall Estill’s Patents & Patent Litigation practice is dedicated to helping you secure, protect and advance one of the most important components of your intellectual property portfolio. Our team of accomplished professionals includes patent attorneys who are registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), tech-savvy lawyers who advise on even the most complex innovations, forward-thinking patent counsel who share your vision and uncover new opportunities, and litigators who are dedicated to asserting and defending patent actions.
We have helped clients in a range of industries, from oil and gas exploration and production, to food and agribusiness, to computers and related devices. Our practice’s lawyers stay abreast of the latest trends in patent law and procedures, including filings with the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and the Hague System for international protection; the growing trend toward inter partes review filings; and impacts resulting from decisions coming from the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), as well as federal district and appellate courts.
Further, our patent attorneys assist qualified individuals through the USPTO Patent Pro Bono Program. Hall Estill's participation in the program earned the firm a law firm achievement certificate for 2018.
Our Patents & Patent Litigation practice’s capabilities encompass:
- Performing pre-patentability searches
- Preparing clearance, validity, patentability and infringement/noninfringement opinions
- Prosecuting U.S. and foreign patents
- Conducting due diligence investigations
- Advising on post-issuance prosecution, including reexamination and reissuance
- Conducting Markman hearings
- Litigating patent actions before the USPTO and federal courts
- Monetizing patents through licensing, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other transactions
In addition to patent-related matters, our team regularly advises on the full range of IP issues, including copyrights and trademarks as well as unfair competition and false advertising disputes. We also work with other Hall Estill attorneys on IP and patent matters involving contracts, M&As, employment agreements, financing and investments.
- Oklahoma Patent Attorney T.J. Mantooth for IP Watchdog - IP Issues for Retail Businesses Advertising in Augmented Reality
- Patent Attorney TJ Mantooth PASHION - All About The Case of the "Metabirkins"
- Oklahoma Patent Attorney TJ Mantooth for IP Watchdog - Inventing Chaos with the Moderna/NIH Dispute
- Patent Attorney T.J. Mantooth in Bloomberg - Moderna Fight With NIH Heating Up Over Covid-19 Vaccine Credit
- Patent Attorney TJ Mantooth in Westlaw - PTO changes to follow Supreme Court’s Arthrex ruling, attorneys predict
- Patent Attorney TJ Mantooth in IP Watchdog - Industry Reacts to the Supreme Court’s Arthrex Ruling